Frequently Asked Question
1) Why choose Ok Maid as the preferred maid agency?
- Ok Maid is the No. 1 maid specialist in Singapore, being one of the reputable and fast growing major players in the industry. You can rely on Ok Maid, which provides extensive training for maids both locally and overseas to ensure the highest standards to meet your demands and requirements. Ok Maid also offers comprehensive scope of services.
2) I want to learn more about the maid before hiring her. What can I do?
3) Can I book a maid before coming down to make the full payment?
- Yes, you can book a maid for up to 3 days upon online booking by placing a refundable deposit of $500.
4) Will the placement fee be refunded if I find that the maid is not suitable?
- Yes, the placement fee will be refunded within 1 month.
5) I can’t decide from which country to hire a maid. Any tips?
- One of the important factors for many families in Singapore is to contemplate on which country to hire a maid. It depends on your family requirements, budget and needs.
6) How much is the maid levy?
The monthly levy for a Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) is $265. For employers who meet the following criteria, they will be paying the concession levy of $60 per month:
- Employers with young children below the age of 16; or
- Employers with elderly person (above the age of 65) having the same residential address Levy charges begin one day after she arrives in Singapore. For first-time FDW, the levy will begin on the fourth day of her arrival (excluding the day of arrival). Payment should be made via GIRO. All GIRO deduction will be made on the 17th of the following month. The FDW's Work Permit (WP) will be cancelled if the employer fails to maintain a valid GIRO account. Employers can view their levy bills online by registering for the Internet Foreign Worker Levy Billing (iFWLB) System.
7) Why should I approach a maid agency?
When you wish to hire a maid, there are several procedures to follow. From picking the girls upon arrival till the work permit is issued, all these chores are time-consuming. By engaging a maid agency, it will help to save so much of your time. We will act on your behalf to save you all the hassle.
8) What are transfer maids?
Transfer maids are FDW who are working in Singapore and due to various reason, they are back to the agency to seek new employment. Employers will get to interview them in person.
9) What are new maids?
New maids are potential FDW waiting for employment in their home country. Employers will select them based on biodatas proposed by the agency. For some nationalities, employers will be able to conduct a phone/video interview
10) I wish to transfer my maid, what are my responsibilities?
Under the Work Permit Conditions, so long as the work permit is under the employer, he/she is legally responsible for the FDW even though consent were given to the FDW. All responsibilities will cease only when the work permit has been cancelled of FDW has been transferred to the new employer. As such, you are still liable for the food & lodging including medical expenses for the FDW.
11) Am I responsible to buy an air ticket and repatriate my maid when she is the one whom initiated to break the contract prematurely?
Yes, under Work Permit Conditions, the employer shall bear the full cost of repatriation at all times.
12) Can I employ 2 maids?
Employers must fulfil the following criteria before they can proceed to apply for additional maid :
- Residing in a 4 room flat or above; and
- Employer with at least 2 children under the age of 18; or
- Employers with elderly above the age of 65; or
- Employer with 1 child under the age of 16 and 1 elderly above the age of 65 having the same residential address
- However, please note that the application is still subject to MOM approval.